Impress BT. Click on font name for a free download.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Thank you so much for this award. I love sharing activities I create for my classroom. I have been teaching a long time and still enjoy every minute of the day. I love your blog The Kinder Kid. I will be following you and looking forward to sharing great ideas!
Now for the rules of this award:
1. Thank the person/people that nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.
7 Things to Know About Me
1. I am a grandmother and two of my granddaughters started kindergarten this year! My other granddaughter is in preK and my grandson isa junior in high school. (Did I mention I had three granddaughters born in a year?) All four are too precious for words!
2. My daughter is a kindergarten teacher! Two of my cousins are kindergarten teachers.
3. I have had a website Linda's Learning Links for 10 years and starting blogging a couple of years ago.
4. Though I love teaching, I also have a passion for history. I am currently working on a book based on letters my great great grandfather wrote during the Civil War.
5. I love to sing, I record lots of songs for my kindergarten class using a Suzuki Q Chord and Audacity.
6. I love gingerbread men, I decorate my Christmas tree completely with gingerbread men, I collect gingerbread men and gingerbread men literature.
7. I mentor new teachers because I want their first experiences to be great ones!
Blogs I've Discovered
Thursday, September 22, 2011
I use the following poems and songs to teach and reinforce beginning sounds, sight words and rhyming words. I introduce the Visualizing strategy with the poem Apples and Apples Big, Apples Small. Click on the Apple Poems and Songs for the powerpoint. Click on the titles under the songs to download the music file.