Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pete's Big Lunch




One of my Literacy Workstations is the Retelling Center. Since Pete is a big favorite with my kindergarteners, I decided he's going to star in my Literacy and Math Workstations in August! Here's the first one, I hope you will enjoy it.
I laminate the sheets, cut out the pieces and either put magnets on the back or velcro ( I still have a small flannel board that I use often in my centers). 
Common Core Aligned:
K.RL.2
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
Kindergarten Works has some fabulous retelling centers, with lots of how to's on setting up a retelling center!
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks as always for sharing. Love KindergartenWorks. Great ideas for so many of the books we already use in K for retell. You can see how Common Core is changing the way we teach~

Linda McCardle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

I have yet to meet a child who does not like Pete the Cat! I just got the lunch book at the end of the school year. Thanks for the retelling pieces. It will be great for the beginning of the school year!

Gwen
Learning With Mrs. Brinn

Michelle said...

Thanks for the great Pete the Cat retelling center!! Pete is our class mascot AND my classroom theme this year, so this will fit right in!! =-).

I don't see how common core is changing the way I teach, they are not much different than the standards we had before the core!

Kim said...

My students loooove Pete. Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to share it with my students.

Amanda said...

This is cool!