Mrs. Owens is having a Linky Party and at first I wasn't going to link up, but I've had so much fun reading about bloggers I follow that I've decided to participate.
1. I have the best job in the world teaching kindergarten. I've taught kindergarten for 25 years and have loved every minute of it!
2. I am a grandmother and two of my granddaughters start kindergarten this year! My other granddaughter will start preK and my grandson will be a junior in high school. (Did I mention I had three granddaughters born in a year?) All four are too precious for words!
3. My daughter is a kindergarten teacher! Two of my cousins are kindergarten teachers.
4. I have had a website Linda's Learning Links for 10 years and starting blogging a couple of years ago.
5. I love to read and usually I'm reading 3 to 4 books at one time. I love mystery, historical fiction, educational books, biography, non fiction history (especially the Tudors, The Revolutionary War and the Civil War) and children's literature.
6. Though I love teaching, I also have a passion for history. I am currently working on a book based on letters my great great grandfather wrote during the Civil War.
7. If I could meet any historical figure I would like to meet Thomas Jefferson.
8. I love to sing, I record lots of songs for my kindergarten class using a Suzuki Q Chord and Audacity.
9. I love gingerbread men, I decorate my Christmas tree completely with gingerbread men, I collect gingerbread men and gingerbread men literature.
10. I mentor new teachers because I want their first experiences to be great ones!